Business Development Manager
At The Intersect Group, we’re changing the talent conversation for good. But we can’t do it without the right people on our side. We are an established executive search firm that has won the Best and Brightest companies to work for and we are ranked on Inc.500’s fastest growing companies. If you are looking to find a rewarding career with TIG, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
As a member of this growing and collaborative Information Technology sales team in Dallas you will play a critical role in fueling our growth by connecting great people together. You will need to possess the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment and have a proven ability to develop strong relationships with business professionals at all levels while working with a team.
You will be responsible for managing existing accounts through effective relationship building and providing superior customer service as well as cultivating new business relationships. Our Business Development Managers aka Client Managers are responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory or set of accounts, and responsible for maximizing sales profitability, growth and account penetration. You will work with clients in various industries to identify their employment needs and priorities and provide solutions that meet and exceed their expectations.
- Network and cold call prospects to set up meetings and create new sales leads
- Identify and properly qualify business opportunities
- Execute sales strategy, initiate contact with existing and potential clients, identify needs and accurately communicate needs to Recruiting team for fulfillment
- Work with Hiring Managers to complete detailed Job Order Requirements, ensuring an understanding of job duties, responsibilities, desired skills and business requirements
- Attend and participate in networking opportunities and industry events to promote The Intersect Group brand and develop client leads
- Partner with Recruiters to fill IT contract, temp to hire and direct hire positions with our clients
- Embody the values of the organization and promote TIG’s culture
- Leverage all known resources and in-house tools to identify and obtain new clients
- Provide complete, accurate information to clients about all candidates
- Manage and coordinate all communication and interviews with clients
- Organize and document post-interview notes and feedback with account teams, clients and recruiters
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with all TIG teams
- Manage assigned accounts with frequent contact and follow up
Your career path:
- We take a lot of pride in developing our employees, whether new or seasoned. You’ll have access to training, feedback and mentoring that you need for long-term success.
- From online tutorials and on-the-job resources to professional development training and career mapping – we’ll work with you to design a plan tailored to your career goals.
- We give you the opportunity to help define your own goals. Then we’ll customize your training based on the career path you want to pursue.
- Goal oriented, sense of urgency, efficient, and deadline driven
- Time management, patient, perseverant, and persistent
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates honesty, realist, and integrity
- Exudes self-confidence, self-motivation, work-ethic and drive
- Team player, adaptable, and flexible
- Accommodating personality
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience selling IT or IT related services (staffing, professional services, consulting or software)
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and driven by success
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Competitive, ambitious and goal oriented
- Works well with others and thrives in a team environment
- Past sales or recruiting experience
- Experience with serving clients, prospecting and relationship building
- “Hunter” mentality
In order to attract top talent, we offer top notch benefits:
- Annual all-expenses-paid Legends Trip for top performers and a guest (this year we visited Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!)
- Monthly All-Star dinners for top performers
- Uncapped earning potential, full benefits, 401K, complimentary access to financial advisors and PTO
- Fun events (e.g., costume contests, cook-offs, March Madness, etc.)
- Ongoing Professional Development Training opportunities
- Countless volunteer opportunities to help make a difference in our community
- Well-being events to help fuel employee mental, financial, & physical health