Our Company is currently hiring for a Plant Accountant to support a well-established manufacturing client in the Smyrna area of Atlanta, GA for a long term contract. This is the perfect opportunity for a sharp Senior Accountant with manufacturing experience to join a large growing company with over 100 years of innovation and presence in the US and Canada! The successful candidate will act as the finance business partner to the plant leadership and operations team and provide the day to day accounting support at the assigned plants as well as month-end close, financial reporting, variance analysis, planning, and forecasting. A successful Plant Accountant will be a self-starter, a quick study and possess an analytical mindset.
Responsibilities for the Plant Accountant:
- Responsible for full P&L statement for 6-7 plants
- Participate in all facets of the month-end closing process, including the creation of journal entries and preparation of financial statements with commentary to explain monthly results for assigned plants
- Perform account analysis, review and approve account reconciliations
- Reconcile inventory, lead and manage inventory cost
- Adhoc projects
Requirements for the Plant Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area
- 3-5 years of general ledger accounting experience
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have a strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and cost accounting
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and lookups
- JD Edwards experience, highly preferred
- Inventory experience, highly preferred
For immediate consideration, please apply!