The Intersect Group is seeking a Ruby Developer for our client in Atlanta, Georgia. The Ruby Developer will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and support of custom web-based applications.
- Responsible for the development and modification of frontend and backend code
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with project teams on design specifications and system requirements
- Experience with version control software (Git, GitHub)
- Experience configuring and managing AWS environments
- Experience with Restful API implementations.
- Experience building serverless applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails frameworks
- Experience building and working in a mostly automated CI/CD pipeline
- Strong understanding of software design patterns.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies and release process
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Ruby
- Terraform/Cloudformation/AWS CDK or other Infrastructure as Codenice to have
- Familiarity with cloud-based monitoring tools such as NewRelic, Sentry, etc.nice to have
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (PostgreSQL preferred but not required)nice to have
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases (especially DynamoDB or similar Document Stores)nice to have