Salesforce Application Development Manager
The Intersect Group is seeking a Salesforce Application Development Manager for our client in Irving, Texas. The Salesforce Application Development Manager will build and lead a team of Apex developers and Salesforce administrators in the innovation, design, development, and support of a new enterprise Salesforce FSC platform.
- Develop and communicate the platform vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Contribute toward an enterprise strategy, which includes Salesforce as well as other enterprise-related technologies.
- Navigate diverse organizational structures across enterprise to influence platform direction, decisions, and delivery to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Become the businesses’ trusted advisor by establishing deep relationships with business units.
- Identify business themes and trends and influence customer vision at the product level.
- Act as a thought leader for project sponsors and stakeholders; collaborate to identify unarticulated needs and improve business benefits. Ability to represent and communicate executive viewpoints.
- Works with the marketing team to assist in executing a marketing strategy.
- Drive continuous improvement of the Salesforce platform in close coordination with the business.
- Lead the development and alignment of an enterprise Salesforce environment strategy and change management process.
- Lead, guide, and support team members, and streamline work processes to improve efficiency and consistency.
- Actively manage the lifecycle of the platform to ensure releases are being delivered on time, on budget and to an agreed quality standard.
- Ensure solutions promote simplicity, efficiency, and conform to enterprise and architectural standards and guidelines.
- Understand project interdependencies and anticipates, handles and mitigates risks.
- Effectively communicates project messages at the appropriate level of detail across all levels of the organization. Communicates clearly to a variety of audiences from project teams to senior leadership.
- Acts as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding across departments and subsidiaries.
- Other functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience
- 10+ years of information technology management experience
- Solid understanding and experience with Salesforce architecture
- Prior experience as a hands-on Apex developer
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce platform coupled with a good understanding of business processes related to Sales, Communities, Marketing and Support
- Ability to work with individual business units to understand their processes and translate their needs into actionable requirements for configuration/development
- Familiarity with data mapping/transformation, solution design, process diagram, acceptance criteria, user acceptance testing and other project artifacts
- Familiarity leveraging Agile methodologies for development
- Ability to function within a formal project management and SDLC framework
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Financial services industry experience highly desirable
- Preferred certifications:
- Salesforce Administrator (required)
- Sales Platform App Builder (required)
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- Salesforce Platform Developer