Senior Systems and Network Administrator
The Intersect Group is seeking a Senior Systems and Network Administrator to work for our client located in Charlotte, NC. The Senior Systems and Network Administrator will be designing and building advanced applications for the iOS platform. Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features. Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Participates in daily staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with the Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
Responsibilities of the Senior Systems and Network Administrator
- Provide servers and systems that are highly available and optimized for performance
- Support, administer, optimize, and secure server and network technologies
- Maintains web environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring system performance.
- Script and automate processes for Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare, Network and Web infrastructures.
- Ensure that operational aspects are covered in relation to system backup and recovery processes and procedures including Disaster Recovery Plan, configuration and testing.
- Maintain 99.9% systems availability
- Fully document and create policies and procedures for critical job functions
- Install network and server related software and hardware solutions
- Monitor systems performance and take measures to maintain and improve the systems
- Capacity planning for the network and network services to maintain optimal performance and service to the Association
- Manage workload in tracking system for projects and other work completed
Requirements of the Senior Systems and Network Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification
- Network + Certification (preferred)
- Four year college degree (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years supporting Microsoft and other software technologies in a corporate (500+ user) environment (required)
- Minimum of six years supporting network switching and routing technologies in a corporate (500+ user) environment (required)
- Experience in multiple OS platforms with strong emphasis on Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian), Mac OS X and Windows systems
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server, ADFS, IIS, SharePoint, OneDrive, Windows Server, SQL and other related technologies
- Experience working with environment that relies extensively on Open Source solutions
- Experience with installation configuration and hardening of MySQL, MongoDB, Prometheus and InfluxDB
- Experience with Grafana, Graphite, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana platforms.
- Experience with IBM, Lenovo and SuperMicro Server hardware
- Experience with NetApp, Pure Storage, CEPH, GlusterFS, S3 (SAN and NAS systems)
- Experience with Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, F5 and Brocade systems
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite.
- Security minded for awareness of security architecture, securing and hardening Operating Systems, Networks, Databases and Applications.
- Excellent grasp of networking protocols and ability to troubleshoot problems and implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and social skills to effectively communicate with other staff and departments
- Must be able to handle more than one task/request at a time
- Experience with task and project management systems
- Willingness to learn new technology and concepts as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to translate ideas and needs into real-world technical solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work as a Team member on a fast moving cross-functional and cross-departmental team
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and propose direction for new and existing IT Operations technology
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all types of people and maintain an excellent attitude
- Demonstrated ability to transfer skills and educate customers and peers in use of technologies
- Ability to make fair and sound decisions
- Ability to listen and resolve problems
- Ability to organize diverse elements into coherent systems
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (up to 15%)
- Handle details
- Prioritize tasks and bring them to closure