Essential Job Functions
- Performs preventive and some corrective maintenance services to existing HVAC equipment corresponding to work orders generated from a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Complete all documentation of work performed in compliance with the CMMS data collection process.
- Installs, repair, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, engines, pumps, belts, fans, air handling units, Variable Air Volume (VAV) and fan powered boxes.
- Maintains the safe operation of systems including electronic / pneumatic environmental controls, oil / gas fired water tube boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as various types of pumps, de-aerating tanks, air compressor blowers, etc.
- Examines environmental control and stationary systems to diagnose problems using proper inspection / testing and monitoring techniques while exhibiting safe and proper use of tools.
- Must be able to quickly become familiar with the design and layout of the facilities; to learn the locations of installed environmental control and monitoring systems / equipment; and understand operating procedures relating to environmental controls.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and according to the standards of of the company and their clients.
- Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
- May escort subcontractors during completion of their work at the site.
- May perform other preventive and corrective maintenance tasks as directed by the company.
- Must maintain a clean and safe workplace while and after performing maintenance tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Have good working knowledge of HVAC-related equipment and one or more of the following trades/skills: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and general building maintenance.
- Strong commercial experience or institutional experience of any kind is a plus.
- Must be able to read blueprints and as-built drawings.
- Three or more years’ experience in building maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
- EPA & HVAC certification required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and criminal back ground check.
- Microsoft Office skills required.