Production Assistant 1
Contract length or perm: 6+ month C2H
Work Location/ Remote: Denver, CO. Fully Onsite.
Work Hours: Must be able to work 1st shift, 5 am to 1:30 pm OR | 2nd shift, 1 pm to 9:30 pm, including Holidays and overtime.
This position aims to print and process printed materials, including but not limited to the operations of Printing, Bindery, and Mail equipment. The duties may include scanning, printing, collating, labeling, inserting, sorting, and other print, bindery, or mail functions. This position accomplishes these tasks using high-speed automated machinery or, in some cases, by hand. This position is also responsible for quality control of their work.
Day to Day:
- Production Equipment Operation and Job Processing:
- Operates various print and mail production equipment and associated tasks, including high-speed scanning equipment, continuous feed full-color inkjet press, high-speed laser printing equipment, and other correspondence inserting and metering equipment.
- Quality Control:
- Assure quality work has been accomplished as an individual contributor and team member.
- Ensure guidelines are met, and policies understood for all IDS Denver Print and Mail operations work.
- Perform necessary quality control duties on all IDS production equipment and printed material.
- Record Keeping:
- Enter the tracking system's production performance and material usage.
- Record machine meter reads and cycle counts, document machine maintenance and service calls placed, and enter all required data for waste tracking, production standards, and billing purposes.
- 18+ years old with degree or GED
- January and June are peak periods. They will typically work 6 days per week.
Nice to Have:
- Previous State Service related to the work assigned to the position
- Experience operating both mail and print production equipment.
- Experience with Ricoh VC60000 inkjet press and Ricoh 8200 and 8300 Series; Pro C9200; Quadiaet/Neopost DS1200 and 600 Production Inserters.
- Experience in an EFI Firey environment.
- Experience operating an automated high-speed inserter and metering equipment.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
Soft Skills: Strong problem-solving skills, mechanical aptitude, communication skills, detailed and quality-oriented.
Number years of experience: 0-1
Education, Certifications & Industry needed: None
Team size/work environment: 18 individuals, close-knit team. 7 people working on day shift, 6 people working on the second shift.
Perks for candidates: Close team, growth opportunity.
C2C allowed?: No
Pay Rate: 15-16/hour