Senior Broadband Performance Test Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Broadband Performance Test Engineer|
|Position Type & Duration:||6-month contract + extensions|
|Location & Remote Flex:||Englewood, CO (hybrid- 2 days remote)|
|Company Selling Points/ Pluses:||Could be converted into a Principal Manager role|
The resource will be working on a project that focuses on how our client should metric the quality of experience for their customers. This entails experimental research into things like latency, jitter and other circumstances that would affect someone’s experience using the internet. They’d participate in creating tests to measure latency as well as jitter. The tests will be done multiple times. The ideal resource should know how to write scripts that would allow them to automate.
From a technical perspective, the Senior Broadband Performance Test Engineer should be able to understand performance metrics and quality of experience. Coding skills are required to create these scripts. They will be planning, conducting and reporting latency tests to determine performance and quality of customer experiences relative to various algorithms and data transport architectures.
Day to Day:
- Partner with system architects and engineers to develop network performance test plans.
- Set up and configure test equipment to conduct network performance measurements.
- Conduct and complete a variety of network performance test plans.
- Assess performance measurement results and make recommendations to improve network performance.
- Document test results, prepare presentations, and present results and recommendations to management.
- Knows, understands and follows company policies.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager
- Experience testing, creating tests and automating tests with Latency and Jitter
- Coding skills to generate tests
- Programming skills to write automation scripts with one of the following: C, C++, Python, Shell
- Energetic personality
- Knowledge of Doscis + willingness to learn about it
- Networking testing with instruments such as: Byteblowers, Ixia, Iperf, NetPerf, etc.
- Basic knowledge of CPE device architecture, management (TR-069), communication protocols, and operation in cable MSO environment
- Candidate, in addition to tech skills, also needs to be energetic and have good people skills. We need a person that is glass half full and positive. Brings energy to any team.
- Must be able to work as a team member in a group environment for the development and execution of a variety of performance test plans, and possess the ability to work independently to run and complete test plans with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with DOCSIS Equipment nice to have
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- An understanding of performance metrics for WiFi.
- Software development experience skills with Linux in embedded systems, C/C++, Python, and shell scripting
Number years of experience: 7-10. Willing to see someone with 5 years.
Education: Bachelors in Engineering field (electrical or computer science) preferred
Pay Rate: $65-70
Start Date: 12/04/2023