Is the Staffing Agency You Work with Providing You with Training Programs or Opportunities to Learn? They Should Be.
Competitive staffing and recruiting firms commonly provide the talented professionals they represent with the opportunity to continue learning through training programs and industry-specific seminars.
But not all staffing and recruiting firms are created equal. In fact, according to Staffing Industry Analysts’ 2020 North America Temporary Worker Survey, when asked if they agree with the following statement regarding the current or most recent staffing agency they had worked with, only 52 percent of respondents agreed or strongly agreed: “This staffing agency provides quality training programs.” This means that nearly half of the respondents were not offered access to training programs.
Depending on the specialty of the firm, training opportunities will look very different. For some, it may be granting access to proprietary training seminars conducted by internal staff members. For others, it may be paying for an individual to attend a specialty seminar.
Here is a list of some of the training and development programs and reimbursement benefits we offer at The Intersect Group:
- The Intersect Group has hosted Excel “tips and tricks” training sessions for the past several years and they have been highly successful.
- The Intersect Group also offers tuition reimbursement to the talented professionals we represent. Below are the details of that program:
- Hourly W2 consultants of The Intersect Group are eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- The Intersect Group will reimburse up to $150 towards a course of a professional’s choice. Stipulations include: The course must be related to the consultant’s assignment through The Intersect Group, and the individual must provide proof of a passing grade to their recruiter before receiving reimbursement. A passing grade is considered a B or higher.
- The consultant has to have worked a minimum of 6 months (or longer) and be considered full-time – averaging a minimum of 35 hours per week with no gaps in hours greater than 45 days.
- The Intersect Group also frequently supports consultants for training seminars and other ad hoc learning and development programs. Consultants simply present the business case to their primary recruiting contact. Recruiters then consult with market leaders of The Intersect Group, who ultimately review and approve on a case by case basis.
If you are looking for a staffing and recruiting partner who is equally as invested in your professional development as you are, get in touch with us. We would love to build a relationship with you and contribute to your successful development as an information technology or finance and accounting professional.
NOTE: Members of Staffing Industry Analysts can download the complete results of the North America Temporary Worker Survey 2020 here.