- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Strong academic record
- 5-7+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- CPA or CMA required
- QuickBooks accounting software & possesses highly proficientspreadsheet skills with current knowledge of all advanced Excel functions
Day to Day
The Controller is responsible for the accuracy of all financials and ensures deadlines are consistently met. This role is an internal, non-client facing role, and works in a collaborative partnership with the Business Management (BM) team to super-serve the client. This is an elevated position and is a member of the Compliance, Assurance, Reporting Team (C.A.R.T). It requires exceptional organizational skills, initiative, and the ability to complete multiple projects in a deadline driven environment. The Team Controller must be able to communicate effectively and understand the need to work in an integrated manner within the department for the purpose of meeting goals, objectives, and knowledge.
Job Essentials, Responsibilities, Duties
- Review financial statements and supporting documents for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure the issuance of financial reporting packages (annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly deliverables)
- Ensure implementation and accuracy of existing policy and procedure.
- Offer improvements to meet best business practice for company standards and policy and procedure
- Assist in training, development, and education of the accounting teams
- Oversight of tax work paper prep; liaison with tax Manager to provide necessary data for the completion of all tax processes
- Sign off on 1099 reports before tax team review
- Work with team to establish ad hoc financial projects & reporting as needed.
- Review and summarization of all client agreements
- Review annual insurance renewals; ensure coverage and explain risk assessment
- Finalize creation of budgets and ensure monthly reporting sent to clients
- Oversee estate planning, ensure an estate plan is in place and assets are properly titled
- Review completed ad hoc projects
- Review and approve monthly commission reports
- Establish financial and operating metrics to measure performance
- Ensure creation of budgets and forecast and oversee monthly budget to actual reporting
- Ensure annual payroll reconciles to GL and all payroll Federal and state compliance is met
- Maintains the log of all filings and reported information, providing accountability for accuracy and timeliness
- Participates as an active member of the management team and contributes to best accounting practices
- Participates in new client roll-ins, ensuring scope of services to be provided is fully understood T
- Training, development, and education of Business Management Team on Policies and Procedures
- Proactively identify and communicate with management on all issues or concern
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving service, communication, and deliverables.
- Maintain delivery of timely and accurateinformation.
- Anticipate problems and proactively providesolutions.
- Establish strong working relationships with Entertainment team, leveraging internal and external resources where appropriate to meet Client’sneeds.
- Develop presentations for various levels of management relative to their needs
- Oversee the preparation of financial reporting packages within required due dates.
- Identify training courses to address gaps between current skill sets and required competencies.
- Monitor progress against stated objectives.
- Promote teamwork both internally and externally.
- Develop through coaching, mentoring, and training staff
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date information is maintained within operating systems.
- Ensure Supervisor is updated regarding projects and other information as needed.
- Ensure that all working papers are properly organized, stored, & retrievable.
- Maintain documentation of status for all assigned tasks.
- Support paperless philosophy via the use of scan and save technology.
- Demonstrates knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software & possesses highly proficientspreadsheet skills with current knowledge of all advanced Excel functions
- Suggests ways to use data analysis tools or otherwise automate processes. Must be tech savvy and enthusiastic about technology.
- Participates in meetings with concise, well-thought answers and provides constructive feedback.
- Extracts information from informal comments.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Develops estimates, establishes deadlines, and monitors assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Coordinates the work of all resources to achieve maximum productivity.
OPERATIONAL EVALUATION SKILLS
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of business management services.
- Identifies best practices within the company that may be relevant to the position responsibilities.
- Uses a wide range and depth of technical or specialized expertise to resolve problems
- Shares ideas, innovations and best practices that benefit others and plays multiple roles as needed.
- Supports team decisions to people outside of the team and recognizes the success of others.
- Understands the need to work in an integrated manner with other members of the department in furtherance of goals, objectives, andperception. Specific Job Knowledge, skills, and Abilities
- Establishes trust with others.
- Cultivates relationships and establishes networks through professional contacts.
- Partners with members of the department on assignments which require shared information.
- Looks for ways to help others add value.
- Takes proactive steps to maintainrelationships.
- Asks questions to determine client expectations and requirements.
- Initiates action without being directed or asked to byothers.
- Recognizes the merit of various positions, points of view or competing interests.
- Selects the communication style and presentation method that will yield the greatest impact.
- Influences others to take action.
- Interacts effectively with people of alllevels.
- Effectively deals with straight forwardchoices.
- Clarifies and examines assumptions with others toreduce uncertainty.
- Proactively generates alternative options before making a decision.
- Anticipates the long-term consequences of a decision.
- Understands relationships among several parts ofa problem.
- Involves management in process after alternatives have been developed and can be presented.
- Sees patterns that help to explain the root causes of complex problems.
- Applies creative, practical solutions to solve problems that are not obvious to others.
- Brings the right people together to addressissues.