Having a stellar stand out LinkedIn Profile is critical for any job seeker today. Hosting more than 500 million profiles, LinkedIn serves as a major force in career networking and job opportunities. Take the necessary minutes to set up your complete LinkedIn profile today by following these key tips.
- Start with a headshot photo that captures your unique personality and area of expertise. Don’t take selfies or use filters. Instead make it authentic and expressive.
- Next create a personal headline or short bold statement to grab people’s attention – “I am driven to change the talent conversation for good”.
- Make sure your “About” section captures information about you rather than the company you represent. Always use first person narrative to describe yourself in detail. Readers should walk away with a clear understanding of what you do, your personal approach and your mindset and outlook on the industry in which you work.
- Add video whenever possible to demonstrate your expertise or passions. Passions should include what makes you most excited about what you do for a career. Tying in any stories of proof points works very well to demonstrate the WHY around what you do not just the WHAT.
- End with a bulleted list of specializations or key skills.
Following these tips will ensure you are ready to navigate and network LinkedIn.